National Honor Society
NHS is a national organization whose purpose shall be to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership and to develop character in students of secondary schools.
- Selection process will take place in October
- Blood drive on Friday, October 5th
Reflection of the 2017-2018 School Year:
This year we will do many of the same activities and any others that the students want to try.
- We decorated a hallway for the Haunted Hallway activity where we provided a safe place for kids to trick or treat
- We had 2 successful blood drives, in the fall and spring, with 35 - 40 students signing up each time to donate blood.
- NHS did a $$ drive to raise money for Operation Christmas Child. We raised $120 which allowed us to make 11 boxes of Christmas presents to send to children in need.
- NHS kids volunteered 16 hours at Wal-mart during the holidays asking for donations for Morgan County Golden Stars
- Our group raised money through working concession stands and used the money to buy items to put in bags to be given to the hospital. These bags had positive sayings, rice bags to warm up and snacks and were give to patients when they received chemotherapy
- Students volunteered at many different school and community events such as brain bowl, speech meets, and the international music festival.